Monday, 9 March 2015

The Fire In AIT Office And It's Cause

Tragedy was averted on Monday morning after fire
engulfed the studio of the African Independent
Television, Lagos State.

Our correspondent learnt that the fire started at 9am
after an air conditioner in the studio was affected by
high voltage electricity.

Men of the Lagos State Fire Service from Agege, Ikeja
and Alausa divisions were said to have been mobilised to
the scene around 9.30am in three water trucks.

Director of Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, said his men
arrived the scene 15 minutes after it got a call.

He said it took another 15 minutes to put out the fire.
He said, “The fire was caused by high voltage. We arrived
at the scene at 9.30am and we spent about 15 minutes for
active firefighting operations.

“Only the AC was badly damaged as we were able to
curtail the spread of the fire. The management of the
station had also combatted it and they must be
commended for having all the fire equipment.”

Fadipe advised residents of the state to be safety
conscious, adding that, although the harmattan period
was over, the atmosphere is now warm which could also support fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Opinion