Ads

Saturday 17 May 2014

I will Not Watch Keshi Boys In The World Cup

Taye Taiwo said he will agree to be watching, the Nigerian international has voiced his frustrations over his exclusion from Nigeria's 30-man preliminary squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament in Brazil.

Since Stephen Keshi took over from Samson #Siasia as the national team handler,Taiwo has hardly been called up by the national team and the former Gabros and Lobi Stars player is at loss why it is so.

Taiwo further added that he understands he might not be in the coach's immediate plans,adding that he will not hang up his international boots just yet.

'"I'm really disappointed because I'm a Nigerian player. But I can't say I want to stop playing for the national team. Life is all about understanding. Maybe this period our coach doesn't want me. But that is not a problem for me. There are people who have played there before who are not there anymore. If they call me, I will come," The Bursaspor left back told KikckOffNigeria.com

"I don't really know. But even in Europe when they bring a new coach, there is a lot of changes sometimes. Sometimes the new coach doesn't have you in his plans. Everywhere, even in Europe, the coach has his own players that he wants. If the coach doesn't believe in you, no matter how you train, you can't do anything about it."

He however refuted claims that he might have had problems with #Keshi which explains why he has been constantly overlooked.

"Yes. I'm surprised. Because we never had any problems. And if there was any problem, at least they could have told me 'okay Taye, this is the problem'.

"No. I don't really know why. But as I always say to myself. Even my teammates ask me and I say I don't know. If you play very well in your club you deserve to be in the national team. If you don't play very well, you don't deserve to go.

"Maybe the coach doesn't want me in the team because he knows that if he calls me to come and play for Nigeria with his boys, I will never sit on the bench for his boys. So maybe that is why he decided he doesn't want me to come. Because if I come, I will surely play. So he doesn't want me to play because he knows that if he calls me, I will not come and sit on the bench for his players.

"It's not going to be possible. I don't have any problem with him but I was really really sad because I did not believe that I would not go to the World Cup with the way I'm playing for my club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's Your Opinion